Your information is very important to us and we look after your information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We've set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Our approach to your data
To help you understand what 3rings does with your data here is our philosophy.
- Whether you are a customer, potential customer, supplier or employee the data belongs to you and we implement a range of privacy and security measures to protect your data.
- We use the data to service the requests that you make of 3rings, for example to deliver goods, provide the 3rings service, to help support you, care professionals and families.
- We will NOT use your data to market to you without your expressed permission that can be withdrawn at any time.
- We only share data with 3rd Parties to:
- Provide the service you have asked from us,
- Satisfy requirements of the law,
- Gain insights into how we can make the service better for you and future customers and in this situation the data is shared in an anonymous form.
- We provide your delivery address to the Royal Mail or other couriers.
- We use Google Analytics to understand which part of our web site is used and with what technology.
- We use PayPal's Braintree e-commerce service to provide a PCI compliant financial service so we can reduce the amount of personal financial data that 3rings sees or has access to.
- We use Zendesk to record, track and manage support tickets so we can help our users should any queries or problems occur. See later for a fuller list.
- We will NOT sell your data to 3rd Parties. There is one potential exception to this should someone buy a controlling interest in the company and its assets.
- We have a presence on social media pages and identities with Facebook and Twitter. Interactions with 3rings on these environments are covered by the respective privacy agreements of Facebook and Twitter. These companies share data in different ways to 3rings.
- By the nature of our service we receive data from a wide range of sensors and from a wide range of suppliers. We only accept data from these systems if they have a strong user authentication and that the acceptance of this data is in an anonymous form.
- Any personal data we collect is kept to the minimum required to provide the service you request. For example, 3rings service does not collect Personally Identifiable Data of the individual being monitored. For an Organiser or Carer who use the 3rings service we only collect Name, email and mobile number to enable us to provide the service, People who order hardware we collect Name, Address, email and phone number so we can deliver the goods and products ordered.
- Consent from the person being passively monitored must be obtained. 3rings is unusual to many companies as our fundamental service is to passively monitor vulnerable individuals to ensure their safety and give families and carer’s peace of mind to ensure that is done in a way that gives the individual being monitored independence with dignity. In normal operation we do not collect personal data about the individual being passively monitored. Even though this is the case, it is essential that who ever sets up the 3rings service gets active consent from the individual being monitored and they are made aware of what and why the 3rings service is being used.
Where is your data held?
To provide security, redundancy and high levels of availability your data is physically located in multiple locations in Europe when the data is at ‘rest’ and we implement a range of security and privacy safeguards to protect that data.
When the data is on the ‘move’, e.g. from 3rings to your screen, we use encryption to protect it.
We use a range of cloud-based services to provide you with a high level of support and service. As a result, some elements of your data coming to us or going to the 3rd party services may go through a variety of routes prior to getting to us/you. We select our services with care and the majority of our services go within Europe but some go through the USA. Some services may route data through other regions prior to it getting to 3rings. The services we use are selected for their functionality and their attention to Privacy and Security. These are companies such as Google, Amazon, Zendesk, Stream International, MailChimp, Twilio, Xero and Monnit.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for the duration of the contract with us and thereafter for accounting or legal purposes. Unless it conflicts with legal requirements, from the end of 2018 we will be able to delete your personal data upon request.
Sensors data is kept for a longer period of time in an anonymous form to gain insights into trends and analysis that will enable us to help families and carer's protect people better in the future. This does not contain any personally identifiable information. Although we would prefer to keep the anonymous sensors data to help people in the future we understand that that may not be your preference. You will be able to request all anonymous sensor data associated with your account to be deleted. In some situations, e.g. such as data from Nest devices, we will delete the data sooner based upon their sharing of data policies. Should you wish your data to be deleted please email email@example.com with the request.
What to know what data we have?
You have the right to know what data we hold about you, if you want to receive a copy of the data please just request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Putting things into context
As the world becomes more connected it also becomes more complicated to understand.
Simple things that we thought had no risks associated with them can now produce areas of concern that were never anticipated. For example, giving someone your address to deliver a parcel that you wanted could end up on a global database that can be sold or stolen and, at best, be used for something as annoying as constant marketing but also more sinister, as a base to build a profile about you that could be used to steal our identity.
Data Protection laws continue to evolve (The latest one in the UK GDPR came into force 25th May 2018) to try to protect us but, due to timing and geographical reach, are often playing catch up and increase the complexity.
So we have a personal choice to make; either we become totally paranoid and as a result lose out on all the upside of the connected world and what it can mean to our families, or we try to understand the risks and aim to strike a balance between the benefit we can achieve and those risks.
Several very large companies with greater resources, seemingly get this wrong e.g. Facebook, Talk Talk, so this is not easy and a sense of vigilance and paranoia should be maintained at all times in the new digital world order.
Hopefully the above summary describes how we feel, act and care about your personal data. Your privacy and security matter to us as we deliver services that help keep people safe and independent with dignity.
Who are we?
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to 3rings Care Limited.
3rings Care Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 8355115) with registered office at:The Glades, Festival Way, Festival Park, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5SQ
VAT registration number is 158 3801 96.
We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA028271. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website.
What services does this policy cover?
What information do we collect?
What information we collect about you depends which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- For servicing orders, deliveries and installations: your name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number, payment details and service details (if applicable) including the same for family and friends you which us to inform.
- For providing the 3rings Service: Organisers, Family and Friends we collect Name, email and mobile telephone number.
- Sensor data: We collect sensor data which is in an anonymous form prior to reaching 3rings and depending upon the sensor type could include sensor id, time of event, power usage, power remaining, temperature, sound, motion, network id, IP Address.
- For providing support: We will collect your email and your telephone number and if required to aid you we may request data such as postcode of the person being monitored
- Information about your use of our Services including details of your domain name and internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you view, how long you stayed on a page, your navigation around the Services;
- Location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality (e.g. GPS); For clarity, 3rings does not currently use location data but some devices and sensors may send location data which we log for a short period (90 days) then delete
- Other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services – for example when we ask, based upon your consent, for you to fill in a survey or questionnaire;
When do we collect information?
We may collect information about you:
- when you register for Services including without limitation when buying or subscribing for services from us or when you otherwise update your details;
- when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or newsletters;
- in monitoring your use of the Services including without limitation communications sent via and use of the Services;
- by devices/sensors sending GPS location data;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
Cookies and similar devices
How will we use your information?
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience. This may include personalising the service and content you see, based on the details given by you and/or your activity on the Services;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- to contact you with service messages. By way of example only, if any of the Services for which you have registered is no longer available, we may contact you to let you know that it has closed and inform you of any similar services offered by us and/or any company within our group of companies and/or a third party partner on our behalf;
Understanding the relationship between Organisers, Family & Friends and Other Carers.
3rings provides a service that, based upon collected sensor data, that allows a ‘safety net of care’ to be created to passively monitor and react to the needs of a vulnerable individual such as an elderly parent, relation or individual needing care and assistance.
3rings protects the privacy of people using the 3rings service as required but it is important to know that by using the service you may give access to other people who can access the sensor data of the person being cared for.
They do not see your personal data ie your email or phone number but they do see and can respond to the data of the person being monitored.
With that in mind it is important to understand the relationships:
Organiser is the person who:
- Obtains consent from the person who is being monitored
- Sets up the equipment and sensors
- Sets up the initial 3rings account to access the service
- Sets up and maintains the events and rules
- Responds to any alerts or messages
- Review historical data and trends to assess future and current care need
- Invites others to create their own account to be part of the care circle for the specific individual who needs care or extra attention.
Family & Friends are invited to help care for an individual who is being monitored. This includes care professionals as well as family.
Family & Friends can:
- Responds to any alerts or messages
- Review historical data and trends to assess future and current care need
It is possible for one person to be an organiser for multiple individuals who needs care and also be a Family & Friend to another person(s) who needs care
By being the organiser it means you can actively invite and share data with other people who you trust to help you provide a safety net of care for individuals.
We will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you;
We will NOT pass your details to third parties so that they may send you information.
By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receiving marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of similar products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication, you can use our unsubscribe form or you can email us at the email address set out in Contact details below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
What about third parties?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- to provide the service you have requested from us.
- to third parties authorised by us such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide will be published on areas of the Services such as forums, blogs, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available;
- where we have your consent to do so, to allow 3rings to send marketing communications (see section on “Marketing Communications” above);
- as part of general statistical information about the Services user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- for research, for example , to understand what trends and patterns could indicate areas that could help individuals, families and carers provide better care so as to provide warnings or to be used to provide predictive indicators that help may be required.
- if there are changes to our business (see section below on “Changes to our business”).
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage including without limitation third party websites or applications/widgets (eg from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of any transaction you may make using such services.
Service providers based outside the United Kingdom
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information to one of our group companies so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you. Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of the Services), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner.
What about security?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for certain Services (such as our newsletter) and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update your login and password or other details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to amend your details then please contact us (see Contact details section below). You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Our full details are set out in our privacy. You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.